Macromastia is not a joke and it is a condition that should not be taken lightly.
According to the best breast reduction surgeon in Sydney, Dr. Naveen. Having large breasts can affect woman’s self-esteem, and it can lead to potential health problems. Here are some of the problems associated with symptomatic macromastia:
– Neck pain
– Back pain
– Numbness in breasts
– Inability to exercise
– Breathing difficulties
– Dead skin
As we can see, these problems are very serious. When you’re young, you don’t worry about any potential problems that your large breasts can cause, but reducing breasts should be done sooner rather than later.
What exactly is a breast reduction surgery?
Mammaplasty or reduction mammoplasty is a simple surgical procedure. It is performed to remove any excess tissue, fat, and skin. Men affected by gynecomastia can also get this procedure done. Let’s take a look at some pros and cons of breast reduction surgery:
– It’s safe and effective: Breast reduction procedure is completely safe and effective. Of course, you should find a good and experienced surgeon to perform this procedure.
– The results are great: Mammaplasty provides great results instantly. A positive outcome is expected in 100% of cases.
– Proportional breasts: Human beings love symmetry and proportion. Your breasts will be more symmetrical, and your silhouette will be more attractive after this procedure.
– Finding bras becomes easy: You don’t have to spend the whole day searching for that perfect bra.
– Self-confidence boost: You’ll never again feel embarrassed by your breasts. This means your depression and anxiety will go away too.
– Breast reduction surgery can cause many health issues like infections and other complications. Once again, this is why you should find a good and experienced surgeon.
– The recovery process after the procedure can last up to two months. During this time you’ll not be able to exercise and lift anything heavy.
– You will be unable to bath after the surgery. Quick showers are permitted, but you can’t wash your breasts during the recovery process.
– Your nipples might become numb after the surgery. Women who plan to breastfeed their children are advised to delay the surgery until their child starts eating solid food.
– You will be in pain after the procedure.
– Scars are probably the biggest con of this procedure, but they are unavoidable. You can minimize scarring by using creams with silicone in them during the recovery process.
Is getting breast reduction surgery worth the risk?
The short answer is – Yes. Breast reduction surgery is a standard procedure, and any surgeon worth his salt should be able to reduce your breasts without complications.
While this procedure can be done on anyone, you should not get it done if your boobs are still developing. Getting this procedure done at a very early age can lead to some problems in the future.
If you want to know more about the procedure, the risks, and anything else, click here for more information. Dr. Naveen Somia is an expert in the field of plastic surgery, and he will be more than happy to answer all your questions. Remember, there are no dumb questions when your health is on the line.